Difference Between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
In diabetes our body is unable to maintain homeostasis of blood glucose levels . There are three types of diabetes : Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational diabetes, the third one does not mention a lot, but it is diabetes that occurs during pregnancy. The other two are more often and more dangerous , because those are chronical conditions.
The main difference between type 1 and type 2 is :
- In type 1 diabetes there is no insuline beeing produced .
- In type 2 diabetes either the body is nod producing a quite enough insuline or the insuline is not working properly .
- Type 1 diabetes is more often find in childhood ,or better to say in under 40’s age group.
- Type 2 diabetes is most common in over 40’s age group in white population, and over 25’s in black and South Asian population.
Symptoms in both types are the same, those are :
- -Frequent urination
- -Excessive thirst
- -Increased hunger
- -Weight loss
- -Lack of interest and concentration
- -A tingling sensation or numbness in the hands or feet
- -Blurred vision
- -Frequent infections
- -Slow-healing wounds
- -Vomiting and stomach pain
The difference is that in type 1 diabetes symptoms come very quick and in type 2 diabetes symptoms come along very slowly.